- Watch Daystar online service for today 29th May 2022
- Watch RCCG Live SUNDAY SERVICE for today 29th May 2022
- Watch Deeper Life Sunday Worship Service Live Today 29th May 2022
- Winners’ Chapel Domi stream LIVE Service today – Watch Here
- Watch Salvation Ministries live Sunday Worship Service for Today 29th May 2022
MFM Daily Devotional 26 September 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya — Sleeping On Duty 1
MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 26 September 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya — Sleeping On Duty 1
You May Also like: Mountain of fire and miracles Sunday Services —
TOPIC: Sleeping On Duty 1
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Luke 1; John 1:1-14
Eph. 5:14 – Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE: If you don’t have control over your sleeping attitude, you will, likely sleep off the best moments of your life and become an easy prey to the enemy of your destiny fulfilment.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY: I decree that you shall not sleep in the wrong place and at the wrong time, in the name of Jesus.
MFM Daily Devotional 26 September 2021
Sleep is supposed to be a restful exercise. When done accurately, it should contribute to our physical and mental wellness. During our sleep, we have dreams that could serve as our destiny roadmap. Sometimes, however, sleep is regarded as a mini death, all because we are inactive physically. It is not a surprise therefore to see that the devil wants to put men into a sleeping state; a situation where such persons are physically incapacitated and perhaps spiritually inactive. But as a child of God, you’re supposed to be alert and your spirit man active, even when you’re asleep.
As a result, you will be in a spiritual condition where you can ﬁght back and defend yourself against every invasion of dark powers. Our adversary, the devil is seeking our unguarded hour, the hour of sleep. I pray for you again, you shall not sleep the sleep of death, in Jesus’ name. Sleep is common to all men, irrespective of their position, status, gender or age. All men sleep!
But Christians should not be careless with sleeping, especially the hour of the night, which is the dark hour, when evil thrives. We should be alert and spiritually connected to the Holy Spirit, our source of strength and power. Unfortunately, even the disciples of Jesus, as stated in our ﬁre scripture today, were found sleeping when they should be watchful. What a tragedy! Sleeping on duty?
Jesus was facing a serious challenge; He needed all the encouragement and assistance in prayer, but none was coming. He came to them thrice and met them sleeping. He concluded that their spirit was willing but the ﬂesh was weak. That is the point: you must not allow the ﬂesh to subdue your spirit. Decide and determine to pray, even when your ﬂesh is unwilling.
If allowed to have its way, the undisciplined ﬂesh will become a hindrance to your spiritual liberty and growth. Say NO to that strange desire to sleep or slumber at the place of prayer or warfare. Discipline your ﬂesh. Give it no room. Let it not block your spiritual blessings. Sleep can turn you to the enemy’s trash can if you are spiritually careless. Watch and pray! That is the divine counsel. Failure to do so may lead to trouble. Heed the voice of the Master; awake from your slumber and be on ﬁre for God!
MFM Mountain Top Life 26 September 2021 Daily Devotional
1. O God my Father, deliver me from every purposeless sleep, in the name of Jesus.
2. I shall not be a sleeper on the mountain of power, in the name of Jesus.
3. Every useless sleep assigned to drain away my spiritual strength, clear away by fire, in the name of Jesus.
4. Satanic slumber, I am not your candidate die, in the name of Jesus.
5. I receive divine alertness, in the name of Jesus.
6. My inner man, receive fire and become fire, in the name of Jesus.
7. You spirit of the bed, enticing me to sleep at the time of prayer, I overcome you by the power in the blood of Jesus.