- MFM Daily Devotional 17 October 2021 – Lessons From The Life of Nehemiah
- DCLM daily manna 17 October 2021 devotional -- When The Righteous Are In Power
- JOYCE MEYER 17 OCTOBER 2021 DEVOTIONAL -- God’s Strength In You
- Rhapsody of Realities 17 October 2021 Daily Devotional -- Be Bold About Him
- Teens Open Heavens 17 October 2021 -- Godly Seeds
MFM Daily Devotional 5 October 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya — Unhealthy Self-Esteem 3
MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 5 October 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya — Unhealthy Self-Esteem 3
You May Also like: Mountain of fire and miracles Sunday Services —
TOPIC: Unhealthy Self-Esteem 3
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 5 – 7
1 Peter 2:4-10
Eph. 2:10 – For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE: If you don’t value yourself, you are likely to be attracted to people who do not value you either. It is the way you talk to yourself that creates your reality.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY: Today, the Lord shall deliver you from every internal bondage, in the mighty name of Jesus.
MFM Daily Devotional 5 October 2021
Jesus never struggled with His identity, neither with self-esteem. The book of John has the highest record of “I am”. A divine assertion of His Godhead: “I am the Light, I am the Good Shepherd, I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, I am the Bread of Life, I am the Resurrection and Life” and so on. He declared that He is from above and that He is one with the Father.
He prayed for believers in John 17 that we should be one as He and His Father are one. This means that our divine original can only be found and deﬁned through Christ. Any attempt to undermine this divine identity creates emptiness in your personality, which is the reason for the unhealthy self-esteem. Wallowing in unhealthy self-esteem will bring a lot of negative things into a Christian’s life.
These include hypersensitivity to criticism, unstable moods, fear of being unaccepted, inferiority or superiority complex, perfectionist attitude, unstable moods, dysfunctional thinking, negative comparison, timid or arrogant look and many more. Healthy self-esteem is being conﬁdent in the Lord and not only in yourself, which amounts to pride.
Your value and your self -worth are determined by your identity in Christ. The apostle Paul would always afﬁrm his conﬁdence in the Lord. He was never ashamed to tell of his past and how much the Lord had forgiven him and had given him grace to preach the gospel to the Gentiles. His boasting is not in his ﬂesh or abilities. Rather, he often gloriﬁed God even in his inﬁrmities. His words, “I am what I am by the grace of God”. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Phil.4:13).
In spite of his past achievements and persecution of Christians, he did not give in to unhealthy self-esteem. Rather, he stood tall and bold to defend his faith to the end. Your total health is in danger if you harbour unhealthy self-esteem. It damages your relationship with God and man. It is time you run out of your shell and break new grounds in life. Don’t allow failure and discouragement to stop your progress.
Throw away the ashes of unproﬁtable relationships, bitterness, anger, resentment and revenge and embrace a godly spirit, a new heart. Jesus is knocking, open the door of your heart and let Him in. There, your healing and deliverance begins!
MFM Mountain Top Life 5 October 2021 Daily Devotional
1. Powers assigned to relegate me, die by fire, in the name of Jesus.
2. O God, arise and make Yourself real in my life, in the name of Jesus.
3. I enter into my divine agenda, by the power in the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
4. Lying spirits depart from my life by fire, in the name of Jesus.
5. I reject every satanic photocopy, I claim my divine original by fire, in the name of Jesus.
6. Wherever I have missed my divine roadmap, O God, arise and reroute me in the name of Jesus.
7. Where is the Lord God of Elijah? Arise, purge and fine tune my life with Your fire, in the name of Jesus.