- MFM Daily Devotional 17 October 2021 – Lessons From The Life of Nehemiah
- DCLM daily manna 17 October 2021 devotional -- When The Righteous Are In Power
- JOYCE MEYER 17 OCTOBER 2021 DEVOTIONAL -- God’s Strength In You
- Rhapsody of Realities 17 October 2021 Daily Devotional -- Be Bold About Him
- Teens Open Heavens 17 October 2021 -- Godly Seeds
MFM Daily Devotional 9 October 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya — Thyatira: The Corrupt Church 1
MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 9 October 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya — Thyatira: The Corrupt Church 1
You May Also like: Mountain of fire and miracles Sunday Services —
TOPIC: Thyatira: The Corrupt Church 1
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 13; Luke 8
Rev. 2: 12- 17
Rev. 2:24- But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE: Anyone that is not ready for change will never experience transformation.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY: The wickedness of the perilous times shall not sink the boat of your salvation, in the name of Jesus.
MFM Daily Devotional 9 October 2021
The fourth letter of Jesus Christ went to the church at Thyatira. And again as with the Church of Ephesus, we see believers who have been faithful to serve God but who also had serious spiritual issues. The believers at Thyatira were praised for the spiritual growth that they showed in serving God (vs. 19) However, their willingness to compromise on spiritual matters greatly displeased the Lord.
Thyatira was the smallest church yet, they received the longest letter. This shows the seriousness of the problem they had. Thyatira was a great commercial town that specialised in dyeing wool red or purple. This was where Lydia was born. Thyatira had an army garrison. It had a fortune telling shrine and a large number of trade unions. You could not sell any goods in the city except you belonged to one of these trade unions.
Members of the Unions always held feasts in the temple of their idols and also engaged in gross immorality. John calls one particular person “Jezebel,” derived from the Old Testament Jezebel, whose name is a synonym for false worship, sensuality and manipulative control (1 Kings 16:31, 19:1 – 3; 21:1 – 15). Some at Thyatira were accepting the seductive teaching of this person, who undoubtedly claimed to speak for God, but by bringing harm to sincere believers.
Christ condemned this Jezebel and the freedom to sin that she represented and He called those who tolerated her to repent and turn back to God. Beloved, there are so many Jezebel-like persons in the church these days. They do not see anything wrong in sleeping around where they operate: majority of the members have been polluted and contaminated by the Jezebelian doctrines.
Dear reader, God does not want us to go the way of this church of Thyatira, where they enjoy all the ungodly behaviours and corruption. As God sent a letter of warning to them, He is also sending the same warning to us today to repent and turn back to Him, and Him alone. Examine your life. Are you still following God?
MFM Mountain Top Life 9 October 2021 Daily Devotional
1. O Lord, show Yourself mighty in the affairs of Your church, in the name of Jesus.
2. Let the kingdom of God come into the heart of all Christians, in the name of Jesus.
3. Spirit of degeneration, die, in the name of Jesus.
4. O Lord, reign forever in my heart, in the name of Jesus.
5. Spirit of Mammon, get out of my life, in the name of Jesus.
6. Foundational decay, get out of my life and die, in the name of Jesus.
7. Let Your will be done in my life, O Lord, in the name of Jesus.