RCCG OPEN HEAVEN 22 DECEMBER 2020 DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE
OPEN HEAVEN 22 DECEMBER 2020 DAILY DEVOTIONAL — DANGERS OF INGRATITUDE
Open Heaven for today 22 December 2020 Daily Devotional for today
Rccg Open Heaven Daily Devotional for today December 2020 by Pastor E A Adeboye
TOPIC: DANGERS OF INGRATITUDE
Memorise: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Romans 1:21
READ: JUDGES 15:14-19 open heavens daily devotional
14. And when he came unto Lehi, the Philistines shouted against him; and the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him, and the cords that were upon his arms became as flax that was burnt with fire, and his bands loosed from off his hands.
15. And he found a new jawbone of an ass, and put forth his hand, and took it, and slew a thousand men therewith.
16. And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, with the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men.
17. And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking, that he cast away the jawbone out of his hand, and called that place Ramathlehi.
18. And he was sore athirst, and called on the LORD, and said, Thou hast given this great deliverance into the hand of thy servant; and now shall I die for thirst, and fall into the hand of the uncircumcised?
19. But God clave an hollow place that was in the jaw, and there came water thereout; and when he had drunk, his spirit came again, and he revived; wherefore he called the name thereof Enhakkore, which is in Lehi unto this day.
RCCG Daily Devotional by Pastor E. A Adeboye
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: HEBREWS 11:1-40, HEBREWS 12:1-29, HEBREWS 13:1-25
Hymnal: Sing RCCG open heavens hymn
Open Heaven 22 December 2020 Daily Devotional Tuesday
MESSAGES: open heavens daily devotional for today
One day, I asked God why He punished King Saul so much while David who committed more sins was called the man after His heart.
He responded by telling me to read 2 Samuel 6:14
”And David danced before the LORD with all his might”
Then He asked me to look for a place where Saul danced for Him. I searched and couldn’t find.
I further decided to check where he said thank you to God somehow, but I didn’t find any.
Not even when God raised him to be king. It was clear then that Saul’s downfall was majorly due to ingratitude.
Another person who failed due to ingratitude is Samson.
All the time that the Bible records that the Spirit of the Lord came upon him and he did great exploits, not once did he say Thank you Lord.
In fact, probably the most glaring of such incidents was in Judges 15:17-18:
”And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking. that he cast away the jawbone out of his hand, and called that place Ramathlehi. And he was sore athirst, and called on the LORD, and said, Thou hast given this great deliverance into the hand of thy servant: and now shall I die for thirst, and fall into the hand of the uncircumcised?”
Just after exploits so great that even he acknowledged they were from God, instead of giving thanks, all he did was complain.
Ingratitude is a pointer to pride. Proverbs 16:18 says that pride goes before a fall.
Ungrateful people are proud and are heading for a fall.
When you see a person who is always grateful, you see humility in the fellow and since God gives grace to the humble (1 Peter 5:5), the grace of God will always take the person higher.
Whatever chance you get, always remain grateful to God.
Be grateful for even the little things that others take for granted; be grateful that you can sleep and wake the next day, that you can walk, that you can talk, that you can wear your clothes by yourself, that you can eat, that you can use the bathroom, that you still have a sound mind. In everything and for everything, give thanks for this is the will of God (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
OPEN HEAVEN 22 DECEMBER 2020 PRAYER POINT:
Father, I am grateful for all that You are doing for me; please Lord, help me never to be ungrateful.
Open Heaven Daily Devotional October 2020 for today
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
RCCG open heaven Daily Devotional for today by Pastor E. A Adeboye
Sing Open Heavens Hymn
NOW THANK WE ALL OUR GOD
1. Now thank we all our God,
With hearts, and hands and voices;
Who wondrous things hath done,
In Whom His world rejoices;
Who, from our mother’s arms,
Hath bless’d us on our way
With countless gifts to love
And still is ours to-day.
2. O may this bounteous God
Through all our life be near us,
With ever-joyful hearts
And blessed peace to cheer us,
And keep us in His grace
And guide us when perplexed,
And free us from all ills
In this world and the next.
3. All praise and thanks to God
The Father now be given,
The Son, and Him who reigns
With them in the highest heaven
The One, Eternal God,
Whom earth and heaven adore;
For thus it was, is now,
And shall be evermore.