RCCG OPEN HEAVEN 24 May 2021 DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE
OPEN HEAVEN 24 May 2021 DAILY DEVOTIONAL — Wonders of Divine Victory
Open Heaven for today 24 May 2021 Daily Devotional for today
Rccg Open Heaven Daily Devotional for today May 2021 by Pastor E A Adeboye
TOPIC: Wonders of Divine Victory
Memorise: “Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.” – (Psalm 20:7)
READ: 1 Samuel 17:44-50 (KJV) open heavens daily devotional
44. And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field.
45. Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield; but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
46. This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
47. And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear; for the battle is the LORD’S, and he will give you into our hands.
48. And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came and drew nigh to meet David, that David hasted, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.
49. And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
50. So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
RCCG Daily Devotional by Pastor E. A Adeboye
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 16-17
Hymnal: Sing RCCG open heavens hymn 4
Open Heaven 24 May 2021 Daily Devotional Monday
MESSAGE: open heavens daily devotional for today
It is almost impossible to explain the wonders of divine victory because the word ‘wonder’, on its own, is hard to describe and anything divine is beyond human explanation. This is why any victory with this combination is wonderful, to say the least.
King Jehoshaphat enjoyed this kind of victory in (2 Chronicles 20). It was a wonder because it was divinely arranged. Rather than organising bows, arrows, shields, spears and other war ammunition, the king simply organised an orchestra to sing praises to the Lord. (2 Chronicles 20:24) says:
And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped.
We find another example of wonders of divine victory in the Bible reading for today. How else would you describe a small boy killing giant, other than as wondrous? When the Almighty fights on the side of an individual, apart from the fact that victory is certain, the manner in which the victory is won would surprise many. When Goliath saw David, (1 Samuel 17:42,44) says “he disdained him” and “cursed David by his gods.” However, David said to Goliath in (1 Samuel 17:45) that he was coming to him “…in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.”
If you look carefully, you would see some elements of spiritual power play in this story. Goliath cursed David by his gods, however, David knew that the warfare would not be won by mere physical prowess, quickly switched on his own spiritual antenna. How the contest ended shows the wonders of divine victory. An ordinary stone in the hands of the anointed of God fell the giant that a whole nation had dreaded for 40 days. As a matter of fact, it was the sword of Goliath that David eventually used to severe his head from his body. David believed his God and he was not disappointed. The Lord fought on David’s side and the battle was won. Believe God and you shall be established (2 Chronicles 20:20).
OPEN HEAVEN 24 May 2021 PRAYER POINT:
Father, please fight my battles for me. Help me Lord not to become a victim of the battles of life.
Open Heaven Daily Devotional May 2021 for today
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
RCCG open heaven Daily Devotional for today by Pastor E. A Adeboye
Sing Open Heavens Hymn 4 – CONQUERORS AND OVERCOMERS NOW ARE WE
1. Conquerors and overcomers now are we,
Thro’ the precious blood of Christ we’ve victory
If the Lord be for us, we can never fail,
Nothing ‘gainst His mighty pow’r can e’er prevail.
Conquerors are we, thro’ the blood, thro’ the blood,
God will give us victory, thro’ the blood, thro’ the blood
Thro’ the Lamb for sinners slain,
Yet who lives and reigns again,
More than conquerors are we,
More than conquerors are we.
2. In the name of Israel’s God we’ll onward press,
Overcoming sin and all unrighteousness;
Not to us, but unto Him the praise shall be,
For salvation and for blood-bought victory.
3. Unto him that overcometh shall be giv’n,
Here to eat of hidden manna sent from heav’n,
Over yonder he the victor’s palm shall bear,
And a robe of white, and golden crown shall wear.