RCCG OPEN HEAVEN 27 FEBRUARY 2021 DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE
OPEN HEAVEN 27 FEBRUARY 2021 DAILY DEVOTIONAL — Danger Of Alcohol 3
Open Heaven for today 27 February 2021 Daily Devotional for today
Rccg Open Heaven Daily Devotional for today February 2021 by Pastor E A Adeboye
TOPIC: Danger Of Alcohol 3
Memorise:“Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!” – Habakkuk 2:15
READ: Genesis 19:31-38 (KJV) open heavens daily devotional
31. And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth;
32. Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.
33. And they made their father drink wine that night; and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.
34. And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father; let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.
35. And they made their father drink wine that night also; and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.
36. Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.
37. And the firstborn bare a son, and called his name Moab; the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day.
38. And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi; the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.
RCCG Daily Devotional by Pastor E. A Adeboye
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Philippians 1-4
Hymnal: Sing RCCG open heavens hymn 16
Open Heaven 27 February 2021 Daily Devotional Saturday
MESSAGE: open heavens daily devotional for today
Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness! – (Habakkuk 2:15). Not only is it sinful to drink alcohol, it is also sinful to offer it to others. I used to think it was all right to give alcohol to other people to drink as long as I was not drinking it until my Father-in-the-Lord preached that it was wrong and he backed it up with the Bible passage above.
The day I heard that message, I got rid of all the alcoholic drinks I kept at home for entertaining visitors because I didn’t want a curse on my head. In those days, I had friends who were sailors, and whenever they travelled, they brought me all kinds of alcoholic drinks. Some of my other friends knew this and always visited whenever they wanted a drink. Whenever they arrived, they would say “We can’t pass the house of the king without saying hello to him”.
Little did I know that I was the ‘King’ of alcohol. I thank God that I am now well known for soul winning and holiness. Habakkuk 2:15 says if a person knows the dangers of alcohol and avoids it, but still gives it to others, then woe unto that person. As such, when you are organising a party and some people are suggesting that you serve alcohol even though you don’t drink, tell them that you don’t want any curse on yourself.
If you truly love your neighbours and relatives, you would be persuading them to stop taking alcohol, not offering it to them. The Bible says: Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts. – (Proverbs 31:6)
Are your relatives and friends ready to perish? Do you want to be a tool in the hand of the devil to make anyone perish? If your answer is ‘no’ then you shouldn’t offer anyone alcohol. When Lot’s daughters offered their father alcohol, they thought they were doing him good, but their ill-conceived decision later on created enemies for Israel (Genesis 19:37-38).
OPEN HEAVEN 27 FEBRUARY 2021 KEY POINT:
Offering alcohol to people will bring a curse upon you and ultimately lead to their destruction.
Open Heaven Daily Devotional February 2021 for today
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
RCCG open heaven Daily Devotional for today by Pastor E. A Adeboye
Sing Open Heavens Hymn 16
O LORD, OUR HELP IN AGES PAST
1. O Lord, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home.
2. Under the shadow of Your throne
Your saints have dwelt secure;
Sufficient is Your arm alone,
And our defence is sure.
3. Before the hills in order stood,
Or earth received her frame,
From everlasting You are God,
To endless years the same.
4. A thousand ages in Your sight
Are like an evening gone;
Short as the watch that ends the night
Before the rising sun.
5. The busy tribes of flesh and blood,
With all their lives and cares,
Are carried downward by your flood,
And lost in foll’wing years.
6. Time, like an ever-rolling stream,
Bears all its sons away;
They fly forgotten, as a dream
Dies at the opening day.
7. O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come:
Be Thou our guard while troubles last,
And our eternal home.