Open Heaven 28 October 2020 — Endure Sound Doctrine
RCCG OPEN HEAVEN 28 OCTOBER 2020 DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE
OPEN HEAVEN 28 OCTOBER 2020 DAILY DEVOTIONAL — Endure Sound Doctrine
Open Heaven for today 28 October 2020 Daily Devotional for Wednesday
Rccg Open Heaven Daily Devotional for today October 2020 by Pastor E A Adeboye
TOPIC: Endure Sound Doctrine
Memorise: “Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.” – 2 Timothy 4:2
READ: Mark 12:18-34 (KJV)
18. Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,
19. Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man’s brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
20. Now there were seven brethren; and the first took a wife, and dying left no seed.
21. And the second took her, and died, neither left he any seed; and the third likewise.
22. And the seven had her, and left no seed; last of all the woman died also.
23. In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife.
24. And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
25. For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
26. And as touching the dead, that they rise; have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?
27. He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living; ye therefore do greatly err.
28. And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
29. And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord;
30. And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength; this is the first commandment.
31. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
32. And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth; for there is one God; and there is none other but he;
33. And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
34. And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.
RCCG Daily Devotional by Pastor E. A Adeboye
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: John 11
Hymnal: Sing RCCG open heavens hymn 18
Open Heaven 28 October 2020 Daily Devotional Wednesday
MESSAGE: open heavens daily devotional for today
Today, there are diverse kinds of doctrines. It is not surprising because Jesus had warned that many false prophets would arise in the last days (Matthew 24:24). Apostle Paul also warned against these false ministers in (2 Corinthians 11:14-15).
Erroneous doctrines on grace, tithing, same-sex marriage and many more have become commonplace in Christendom today. Usually, these false teachings sound very logical and are backed by a wrong interpretation of the Scripture. However, Christians who have the Holy Spirit in them can discern between sound and false doctrines. May you not be deceived in the mighty name of Jesus.
It is easy to fall prey to these teachers if you only want to serve God in pleasure and convenience. Imagine a fornicator who wants to repent, meeting a Pastor who tells him that as long as he only commits the sin once in a while, the grace of God covers him.
Such a Pastor would not mention the fact that in Matthew 5:28, Jesus said: “But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.” If such a person is not careful, he might find out too late that all fornicators, whether regular or occasional are going to hell.
Convenience or a semblance of the truth should never be your motivation for adopting a doctrine. (1 Corinthians 14:26) says that the purpose of doctrines is edification. They nourish your spirit man. Every godly doctrine must align with the word of God and you should be at peace when you practise it, if not, it is not a true doctrine of Christ.
While it is fine to learn from someone elses perspective on God’s word, stop depending solely on other peoples interpretation. Read the Bible and ask the Holy Spirit to interpret His word to you directly. There is no revelation more impactful than the one you receive first-hand from Christ Himself (1 John 2:27).
OPEN HEAVEN 28 October 2020 PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me know and stay in Your truth.
Open Heaven Daily Devotional October 2020 for today
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
RCCG open heaven Daily Devotional for today by Pastor E. A Adeboye
Sing Open Heavens Hymn 18
My Faith Looks Up To Thee
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
O let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!
2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire;
As Thou hast died for me,
O may my love to Thee
Pure, warm and changeless be
A living fire!
3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And grief around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul.