RCCG OPEN HEAVEN 29 JANUARY 2021 DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE
OPEN HEAVEN 29 JANUARY 2021 DAILY DEVOTIONAL — QUENCH NOT THE SPIRIT
Open Heaven for today 29 january 2021 Daily Devotional for today
Rccg Open Heaven Daily Devotional for today January 2021 by Pastor E A Adeboye
TOPIC: QUENCH NOT THE SPIRIT
Memorise:: Quench not the Spirit. 1 Thessalonians 5:19
READ: GALATIANS 5:16-26 open heavens daily devotional
16. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary the one to the other; so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23. Meekness, temperance; against such there is no law.
24. And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
RCCG Daily Devotional by Pastor E. A Adeboye
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: GALATIANS 1 – 3
Hymnal: Sing RCCG open heavens hymn 10
Open Heaven 29 January 2021 Daily Devotional Friday
MESSAGE: open heavens daily devotional for today
What are the things that the flesh usually tells you to do?.
They are listed in Galatians 5:19-21 as you must have earlier read in today’s Bible text.
You think that you can view a few pictures or videos on social media where someone is almost nude and it is okay.
You are quenching the Spirit.
That little window you give to indulge the flesh will strengthen it such that you would find yourself going back to those pictures/videos after that time.
The Bible is very clear – don’t ever do anything that will quench the Spirit. Never!
Do you know that there are some things that are not sins, but can strengthen the flesh to the point of eventually quenching the Spirit?.
Examples include not fasting (Psalm 35:13), not being able to abstain from sex even with your legally wedded spouse (1 Corinthians 7:5), not praying (Ephesians 6:18), not studying your Bible (Psalm 119:9-11) and not fellowshipping with the brethren (Hebrews 10:25).
From Galatians 5:16, we see that it is necessary to always walk in the Spirit so that you will not fulfil the works of the flesh.
If you take a break from spiritual exercises, you will eventually fulfil the works of the flesh; there is no holiday in the spirit realm.
Can two walk together, except they be agreed? – (Amos 3:3)
I stay far away from sin because I know that God is the only One who can help me to fulfil my destiny and He hates sin.
If I offend him and He turns His back on me, I am finished! Joseph knew this, so he did not indulge his flesh at all and he fulfilled God’s plan for his life.
My beloved, I am appealing to you from my heart today, walk in the Spirit every day and you will attain God’s plan for your life.
OPEN HEAVEN 29 JANUARY 2021 KEY POINT:
What are those things you do that quench the Spirit of God in you? List them and cut yourself off from them today.
Open Heaven Daily Devotional January 2021 for today
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
RCCG open heaven Daily Devotional for today by Pastor E. A Adeboye
Sing Open Heavens Hymn 10
I’M PRESSING ON THE UPWARD WAY
1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith, on Heaven’s tableland,
A higher plane than I have found;
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
2. My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise, and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where those abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.
3. I want to live above the world,
Though Satan’s darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught the joyful sound,
The song of saints on higher ground.
4. I want to scale the utmost height
And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I’ll pray till heav’n I’ve found,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”