RCCG OPEN HEAVEN 5 August 2021 DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE
OPEN HEAVEN 5 August 2021 DAILY DEVOTIONAL — Be Thou Perfect
Open Heaven for today 5 August 2021 Daily Devotional for today
Rccg Open Heaven Daily Devotional for today 5 August 2021 by Pastor E A Adeboye
TOPIC: Be Thou Perfect
You May Also like: Open Heaven — The power of physical fellowship by Pastor E. A Adeboye
Memorise: “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” – (Matthew 5:48)
READ: Genesis 17:1-9 (KJV) open heavens daily devotional
1. And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
2. And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
3. And Abram fell on his face; and God talked with him, saying,
4. As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
5. Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
6. And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7. And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
8. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
9. And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
RCCG Daily Devotional by Pastor E. A Adeboye
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 31-32
You May Also like: Open Heaven — Honour them now by Pastor E. A Adeboye
Hymnal: Sing RCCG open heavens hymn 14
Open Heaven 5 August 2021 Daily Devotional Thursday
Message: open heavens daily devotional for today
There are many misconceptions about the demand of God for perfection. These misconceptions have led some people to conclude that perfection is unrealistic and so should be abandoned in the Christian walk. My prayer is that the power of God will come upon you today and you will live in perfection as God demands, in Jesus’ name. Why do people see God’s demand for our perfection as unrealistics? Many people think that perfection is to be attained by our strength. This is simply not so.
Nobody can attain anything by his or her own strength (1 Samuel 2:9). We need the power and wisdom of God for perfection. The problem, however, is the belief of many that perfection is unattainable. They lack faith in God to help them become perfect. This is why the Bible says: But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. – (Hebrews 11:6)
Unbelief breeds disobedience as in the case of the first man and woman. They doubted the word of God and fell into imperfection through this unbelief! This was unlike Abraham in our text of today. Thus, if you are struggling with unbelief, pray like that man whose child was tormented by demons “…Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief” – (Mark 9:24). When people see a state of human perfection as a ‘mission impossible’, it is simply because they do not understand the concept from the point of view of the Lord.
How does God see perfection? You are perfect based on your obedience to what God asks you to do – even when it is neither ‘logically’ nor ‘politically’ correct. Once you obey, He justifies you. We are justified through faith in the Son of the Living God (Romans 8:33). Perfection and holiness share the same factor that makes them realistic and that is obedience. Are you always obedient to the word of God? If you are, I congratulate you. If not, you must repent today, because tomorrow may be too late.
OPEN HEAVEN 5 August 2021 PRAYER POINT:
Father, please let Your Holy Spirit quicken me to perfection, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven Daily Devotional August 2021 for today
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
RCCG open heaven Daily Devotional for today by Pastor E. A Adeboye
Sing Open Heavens Hymn 14 – JESUS, MY LORD, MY GOD, MY ALL
1. Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all,
Hear me, blest Saviour, when I call;
Hear me, and from Thy dwelling place
Pour down the riches of Thy grace;
Jesus, my Lord, I Thee adore;
O make me love Thee more and more.
2. Jesus, too late I Thee have sought;
How can I love Thee as I ought?
And how extol Thy matchless fame,
The glorious beauty of Thy name?
3. Jesus, what didst Thou find in me,
That Thou hast dealt so lovingly?
How great the joy that Thou hast brought
So far exceeding hope or thought!
4. Jesus, of Thee shall be my song,
To Thee my heart and soul belong;
All that I have or am is Thine,
And Thou, blest Saviour, Thou art mine.
You May Also like: Open Heaven — Remember me O Lord by Pastor E. A Adeboye