RCCG OPEN HEAVEN 6 June 2021 DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE
OPEN HEAVEN 6 June 2021 DAILY DEVOTIONAL — Identify Your Enemies 1
Open Heaven for today 6 June 2021 Daily Devotional for today
Rccg Open Heaven Daily Devotional for today 6 June 2021 by Pastor E A Adeboye
TOPIC: Identify Your Enemies 1
Memorise: “We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” – (1 John 5:18)
READ: Judges 16:16-21 (KJV) open heavens daily devotional
16. And it came to pass, when she pressed him daily with her words, and urged him, so that his soul was vexed unto death;
17. That he told her all his heart, and said unto her, There hath not come a razor upon mine head; for I have been a Nazarite unto God from my mother’s womb; if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man.
18. And when Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called for the lords of the Philistines, saying, Come up this once, for he hath shewed me all his heart. Then the lords of the Philistines came up unto her, and brought money in their hand.
19. And she made him sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven locks of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him.
20. And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the LORD was departed from him.
21. But the Philistines took him, and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza, and bound him with fetters of brass; and he did grind in the prison house.
RCCG Daily Devotional by Pastor E. A Adeboye
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 1-3
Hymnal: Sing RCCG open heavens hymn 8
Open Heaven 6 June 2021 Daily Devotional Sunday
MESSAGE: open heavens daily devotional for today
There is an adage in my mother tongue that says “When God has revealed your enemies to you; they can no longer kill you”. The belief is that once you identify your enemies you would be able to relate with them with caution such that there would be no loopholes through which they can harm you.
Today, many people become victims of the plots of their enemies because they cannot identify them. David knew this and that was why he did not leave any stone unturned to identify his enemies throughout his lifetime.
1 Kings 2:5-6 says: Moreover thou knowest also what Joab the son of Zeruiah did to me, and what he did to the two captains of the hosts of Ismael, unto Abner the son of Ner, and unto Amasa the son of Jether, whom he slew, and shed the blood of war in peace, and put the blood of war upon his girdle that was about his loins, and in his shoes that were on his feet. Do therefore according to thy wisdom, and let not his hoar head go down to the grave in peace:
Beyond identifying his enemies however, David was always quick to go to God in prayer for deliverance. It is wisdom to hand over someone you cannot handle to the one who can deal with them on your behalf.
There can be internal and external enemies; the former are more dangerous than the latter. This is because if the internal enemy does not open the door to the external one, you cannot get hurt. As we see in our Bible reading for today, Samson never identified his internal enemy – lust, which led him to succumb to his external enemy – Delilah.
Sin is the greatest enemy of man and resides in everyone yet to be born again. Apostle Paul described this in Roman 7:18,23. He however did not just lament about it, he dealt with it. Sin is the enemy within; it must be identified and dealt with decisively.
How do we deal with this dangerous enemy? The only way to deal with sin is to confess it, forsake it and ask Jesus to use His blood to cleanse you from it after accepting Him as your Lord and Saviour. If you do, you will be forgiven and made free from all the consequences of sin.
OPEN HEAVEN 6 June 2021 PRAYER POINT:
Prayerfully identify your enemies – both internal and external. Ask God to deal with them on your behalf.
Open Heaven Daily Devotional June 2021 for today
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
RCCG open heaven Daily Devotional for today by Pastor E. A Adeboye
Sing Open Heavens Hymn 8 – HO! MY COMRADES, SEE THE SIGNAL
1. Ho! my comrades! see the signal,
Waving in the sky!
Reinforcements now appearing,
Victory in nigh!
“Hold the fort, for I am coming,”
Jesus signals still,
Wave the answer back to heaven,
“By Thy grace we will.”
2. See the mighty host advancing,
Satan leading on;
Mighty men around us falling,
Courage almost gone.
3. See the glorious banner waving,
Hear the trumpet blow;
In our Leader’s Name we triumph
Over every foe.
4. Fierce and long the battle rages,
But our help is near;
Onward comes our great commander,
Cheer, my comrades, cheer!