RCCG OPEN HEAVEN 8 August 2021 DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE
OPEN HEAVEN 8 August 2021 DAILY DEVOTIONAL — Be Thankful
Open Heaven for today 8 August 2021 Daily Devotional for today
Rccg Open Heaven Daily Devotional for today 8 August 2021 by Pastor E A Adeboye
TOPIC: Be Thankful
You May Also like: Open Heaven — The power of physical fellowship by Pastor E. A Adeboye
Memorise: “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:” – (Psalm 103:2)
READ: Luke 17:11-19 (KJV) open heavens daily devotional
11. And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee.
12. And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off;
13. And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.
14. And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.
15. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,
16. And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks; and he was a Samaritan.
17. And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?
18. There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.
19. And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole.
RCCG Daily Devotional by Pastor E. A Adeboye
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 35-56
You May Also like: Open Heaven — Honour them now by Pastor E. A Adeboye
Hymnal: Sing RCCG open heavens hymn 3
Open Heaven 8 August 2021 Daily Devotional Sunday
Message: open heavens daily devotional for today
One expectation of the Almighty God is the appreciation of His children for the numerous blessings He bestows on them. It is unfortunate, however, that humans, from generation to generation have been ungrateful. They forget the goodness of God soon after receiving His blessings and begin to speak against the Lover of their souls. James 1:13-14 says: Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
After the Lord Jesus healed ten lepers, He expected them to return and say “Glory to God in the highest”. To His surprise however, only one of the ten came and He asked “…Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.” Ingratitude is an act of robbery against God. The greatest danger of ingratitude is the giving of the glory that belongs to God to someone or something else. This is practical idolatry, punishable for all eternity.
In addition, it is dangerous not to be thankful because your joy cannot be full if you are not thankful. The only person we can consider as having fullness of joy amongst these ten lepers is the one who returned to give glory to God. Jesus then crowned his healing by saying to him “…Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole” – (Luke 17:19). We must note however, that the first way to show gratitude to God is to accept His offer of salvation which seems free but cost the life of the innocent Son of the Living God. We must embrace this offer with every sense of gratitude.
Indeed, our acceptance of the lordship of Jesus Christ over our lives is the most profound form of gratitude we can ever express to God. The Lord bless you as you do so today, in the mighty name of Jesus. If you have already submitted to His lordship, begin to count your blessings and give Him heartfelt thanks.
OPEN HEAVEN 8 August 2021 ACTION POINT:
Father, I thank You for the salvation of my soul through Christ my Lord. Help me to live by His teachings to the glory of Your Holy Name.
Open Heaven Daily Devotional August 2021 for today
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
RCCG open heaven Daily Devotional for today by Pastor E. A Adeboye
Sing Open Heavens Hymn 3 – BE GLAD IN THE LORD AND REJOICE
1. Be glad in the Lord and rejoice,
All ye that are upright in heart;
And ye that have made Him your choice,
Bid sadness and sorrow depart.
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice;
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice.
2. Be joyful, for He is the Lord,
On earth and in heaven supreme;
He fashions and rules by His word;
The “Mighty” and “Strong” to redeem.
3. What though in the conflict for right
Your enemies almost prevail?
God’s armies, just hid from your sight,
Are more than the foes which assail.
4. Though darkness surround you by day,
Your sky by the night be o’ercast,
Let nothing your spirit dismay,
But trust till the danger is past.
5. Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice,
His praises proclaiming in song;
Let gratefulness give all a voice,
The loud hallelujahs prolong!
You May Also like: Open Heaven — Remember me O Lord by Pastor E. A Adeboye